provides reliable and easy-to-deploy encrypted network
connectivity from any Apple iOS 4 device by delivering persistent corporate access
for users on the go. Whether providing access
to business email, a virtual desktop session, or most other iOS 4 applications, AnyConnect
enables business-critical application
connectivity. Through the use of Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS), TCP-based applications and latency-sensitive traffic
(such as voice over IP [VoIP]) are provided an optimized communication path to corporate resources.
- Automatically adapts its tunneling to the most efficient method possible based
constraints, using TLS and DTLS
- DTLS provides an optimized connection for TCP-based application access
and latency-sensitive traffic, such as VoIP traffic
roaming capability allows connectivity
to resume seamlessly after IP address change, loss of connectivity, or device standby
- Wide Range of Authentication Options: RADIUS, RSA SecurID, Active Directory/Kerberos, Digital Certificates, LDAP, multifactor authentication
- Supports certificate deployment using Apple iOS and AnyConnect
- Compatible with Apple iOS Connect On Demand VPN capability for automatic VPN connections when required by an application
- Policies can be preconfigured or configured locally, and can be automatically updated from the VPN headend
to internal IPv4 and IPv6 network
- Administrator-controlled split / full tunneling network access
If you are an end-user and have any issues or concerns, please contact
your organization’s support department. If you are a System Administrator having difficulties configuring or utilizing the Application, please contact
your designated support point of contact.
Please note that AnyConnect
for iPhone requires a Cisco
Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) running software image 8.0(3).1 or later. The ASA requires an AnyConnect
Mobile license (L-ASA-AC-M-55XX=), as well as either an AnyConnect
Essentials (L-ASA-AC-E-55XX=) or AnyConnect
Premium Clientless SSL VPN Edition (L-ASA-AC-SSL-YYYY=) license, where XX is the last two digits of your ASA model number and YYYY is the number of simultaneous users. Please contact
account team to acquire licenses for testing.
If you would like to give feedback, suggestions, or leave comments directly to the team, you can reach us on Twitter by using the #anyconnect hashtag.